The National Institute for Communicable Diseases has closed the Cowan House Preparatory School in Hilton, KwaZulu-Natal through the weekend after a parent of a learner at the school tested positive for the new coronavirus.
Our Sethu Mbuli is live-tweeting the briefing:
In case you missed it, read more coronavirus coverage from Bhekisisa:
- Coronavirus in SA: Next case unlikely to come from repatriated South Africans
- South Africa confirms first case of coronavirus but experts say it’s unlikely to spread
- The coronavirus is here. Do you need a mask? Spoilers, the answer is no.
- This is a health care worker’s best defence against TB. Here’s why it might run out.
- Ticket to ride: How the coronavirus outbreak could change air travel.
- Travel bans are unlikely to stop COVID-19, but this might.
Then watch “Soap, space & sanitiser — 6 ways to protect yourself from the new coronavirus“
Laura Lopez Gonzalez is a freelance health journalist and editor. She was Bhekisisa's news editor then deputy editor between 2016 and 2020. Follow her on Twitter @LLopezGonzalez