With more than 300 confirmed cases of the new coronavirus, Gauteng continues to be the epicentre of the country’s outbreak. Find out what the national coronavirus lockdown will look like in the country’s economic hub.
Read the province’s statement detailing measures as well as data-free websites where learners can access educational materials during the coronavirus lockdown.
For more, watch the Gauteng Executive Council’s briefing from earlier today:
Since you’re here: Bhekisisa remains committed to providing accurate and free coverage during the coronavirus outbreak. Help support great reporting by specialist health journalists when South Africa needs it most. Donate now or subscribe to our newsletter.
Plus, check out Bhekisisa’s rolling coverage of South Africa’s coronavirus outbreak:
- The facts beat the quacks: Our #Covid19SA vs. our #HIV response
- The coronavirus outbreak & mental health: What you need to know
- The new coronavirus: How it spreads and what to do about it
- South Africans arrive from Wuhan. Here’s why they’re unlikely to test positive for the new coronavirus
- Coronavirus: What you need to know if you have HIV, diabetes or TB
- Ticket to ride: How the coronavirus outbreak could change air travel