Health Minister Zweli Mkhize discusses the next phase of the country’s response to COVID-19, including the lockdown and technical assistance from Cuba in the form of more than 150 health experts and doctors. Plus, health MECs update the country on the state of provincial responses in this briefing.
Read the health minister’s remarks below:
And since you’re here …
And make sure you never miss a story, sign up to our daily newsletter
Plus, catch a wrap up of our latest COVID-19 coverage:
- Four times healthcare workers came up with creative solutions to coronavirus problems
- Will the TB vaccine you got as a baby protect you against COVID-19?
- The lockdown women planning their escape from abusive homes
- Former Tshwane DA councillor’s damning COVID-19 voice note: ‘Don’t get mad at me when I pepper spray the homeless’
- [WATCH] Will South Africa’s younger population lead to fewer COVID-19 deaths?
- Can you be convicted of attempted murder if you expose someone to the new coronavirus?
- [WATCH] Four differences between PCR and antibody tests
- Will it be enough? Inside South Africa’s plan to ramp up coronavirus testing
- Four reasons to be hopeful about South Africa’s coronavirus testing plan
- The coronavirus ‘vaccine’ Ekurhuleni wants to import doesn’t exist
- The coronavirus outbreak & mental health: What you need to know